All You Need


Best Viewed in Mozilla FireFox
Resolution: 1280 x 1024
asp hit counter




Knocks

Navigation

Search words from a post here

Code:
Input Codes
about
link
past
read
affiliates
wish
help
credits


Top


Powered by Blogger
Creative Commons License
Daily Issues
says Ale Ele
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Unique Names
Monday, August 24, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009

Thinking back about all the people I have met
(Those that I've talked to)

I realised that there are certain names that are quite rare
those whose names only appear once or twice
this excludes chinese-direct translated names though

So I came up with this top ten list

10
Kimberly

9
Siran

8
Willy

7
Agnes

6
Candy

5
Gareth

4
Paesan

3
Annie

2
Cassandra (Cassie)

1
Benalex


These are ranked by the number of times I've seen people with that name
sounds pretty silly ehh
15 years in life and I find some common names rare =S

And speaking of Benalex
he is called Anderson now =P
he is also why I thought of making a christian name for myself
A unique one

The History of Ale, Ele, Wei

I remember that day clearly
I was standing in the crammed 6.45am bus no. 17
Partly squeezed up by Bedok industrial workers
Partly by students of St. Anthony Girl's School
=S

I thought of how Anderson use to call himself Benalex
and since we were good friends, I thought I create a unique name to make a pair

right at that moment of time, I saw the "Alexander" at the front of the bus
(it was the name of the manufacturing company)
and I thought to myself

Alexander sounds too long and classy, like some roman guy
Alex sounds too common

So I removed the ER and made the name Alexand for myself

After a few months of using that name
people start to find it funny pronouncing the D in my name
and its quite irritating, so I took the D away
making it Alexan

The Nickname of Elephant was given to me coz my Chinese name is Wei Xiang
in which Xiang, if pronounced in a different way, can mean Elephant

So a was also known as Elephant
Thats where i started giving people random animal names

EG
Fish

Her name was originally Fiona
pronounced as FI-O-NA
So the lazy me tried to shorten it
the nearest animal name i could think of at that moment of time,
that is short and simple,
was fish

so tada, she is called fish



then I realised the similarities of Alexan and Elephant
both sound the same at the beginning of the word

Ale and Ele
Thats where Ale Ele came from^^


What about Wei?
It's create because people in Australia are incapable of pronouncing Xiang
so Wei is just the short-cut of my Chinese name

There you go
Ale Ele, Wei


lol
This topic is so random...


Link

Received an email from nuffnang about this today
I dare not ask for nominations coz Im not some big shot blogger
I only blog as its like a journal and I reminds me of stuff

But still
The reward is very tempting =(
A 3day 2 night trip to Singapore,
Classy Dinner at the Pan Pacific Singapore Grand Ballroom =S

No doubt
If I get to go, I will see Piggie there
second runner up of singapore's best youth blog?
I expect no less =S

I wanna go to singapore! =(


ohh, and I think Imma nominate Piggie and Gwen ;P

~Ale Ele

Labels: ,


_________________________________________Photobucket_________________________________________

| Random Post | Singapore Trip 2009 |
Bookmark and Share
Photobucket